Team Leader, Level III (qualified)
Person Responsible To:
Diploma of Community Services (Childrenˇ¦s Services) or equivalent
To provide a secure, nurturing caring environment for children within the centre.
To provide quality care and programs to all children.
To provide active, adequate and efficient care.
To maintain the communication and interactions of your work team.
To be an active advocate for the Childrenˇ¦s Services industry
- Work in accordance with the Children's Services Centres Regulations 1998.
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- Participate in the implementation of the Quality Improvement and Accreditation system.
- To maintain comprehensive individual developmental records of the children in your care
- To plan and implement an appropriate program that reflects the childrenˇ¦s needs and following the centres policies.
- Maintain and update childrenˇ¦s records (inform office staff of any changes)
- Develop and implement daily routines.
- Ensure the health and safety of each child.
- Give each child individual attention and comfort as required.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the centre in maintained.
- Accept guidance and direction from the Manager, Managing Directors and any other training staff member.
- Direct child care workers, students and volunteers
- Co-ordinate and manage your work team
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- To know, understand and implement mandatory reporting requirements
- To work and support children with additional needs
- Liaise with the manager in relation to your rooms operations and staffing requirements
- Inform office staff and the manager of absent children
- Organise two family gatherings per year.
- To actively participate in meetings with management or other professionals as arranged
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- To have a sound knowledge and understanding of child development
- Ability to observe individuals and groups in relation to program planning
- Assess and develop appropriate programs
- Maintain appropriate records and information regarding children and families
- Assess the health and well being of children daily and recommend appropriate action
- Knowledge of safety and hygiene requirements specific to early childhood
- Be able to assess and recommend safety needs to ensure a secure and safe environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Friendly and supportive approach to customers.
- Ability to respond to client queries with efficiency, care, courtesy and confidentiality.
- To lead and develop your team
- To have basic computer skills
- Excellent phone skills.
- Positively respond to change.
- To manage own time and work effectively, efficiently and independently.
- To implement directions from management
- To direct students and volunteers
- To support and guide staff in their professional development
- Ability to delegate tasks and supervise others
- Appreciation of needs of individuals, families and their values and beliefs.