Person Responsible To:
Diploma of Community Services (Children’s Services) or equivalent
To ensure a secure, nurturing caring environment is provided for children within the centre.
To ensure quality care and programs are provided to all children.
To ensure communications and interactions are of a high standard.
To be an active advocate for the Children’s Services industry
- Work in accordance with the Children's Services Centres Regulations 1998.
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- Participate in the implementation of the Quality Improvement and Accreditation system.
- To show perspective families through the service.
- To begin the orientation process with new families including paperwork.
- To maintain absences.
- To maintain sign in sheets.
- To maintain staff rosters daily and weekly.
- To ensure programs are appropriate and reflects the children’s needs and following the centres policies.
- Assist team Leader to develop and implement daily routines.
- Ensure the health and safety of each child is being met.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the centre in maintained.
- Direct Team leaders, child care workers, students and volunteers.
- Co-ordinate and manage the work team.
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- To know, understand and implement mandatory reporting requirements.
- To work and support children with additional needs.
- Liaise with the manager in relation to staffing requirements.
- To actively participate in meetings with management or other professionals as arranged.
- To ensure all staff adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Represent the organisation in a professional manner.
- To implement staff appraisals.
- Plan for the ongoing professional development of staff.
- Accept guidance and direction from the Manager, Managing Directors.
- To guide staff ensuring growth in skills.
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- To have a sound knowledge and understanding of child development
- Relevant experience as an early childhood practioner
- Ability to observe individuals and groups in relation to program planning
- Assess and develop appropriate programs
- Maintain appropriate records and information regarding children and families
- Assess the health and well being of children daily and recommend appropriate action
- Knowledge of safety and hygiene requirements specific to early childhood
- Be able to assess and recommend safety needs to ensure a secure and safe environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Friendly, supportive and responsive to customers.
- Ability to respond to client queries with efficiency, care, courtesy and confidentiality.
- To lead and develop staff.
- To have basic computer skills.
- To have excellent phone skills.
- Positively respond to change.
- To manage own time and work effectively, efficiently and independently.
- To implement directions from management
- To support and guide staff in their professional development
- Ability to delegate tasks and supervise others
- Appreciation of needs of individuals, families and their values and beliefs.