CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support (Teachers / Integration Aide)
WHY COMPLETE A CHC40213 CERTIFICATE IV IN EDUCATION SUPPORT:
The CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support may be the first level of qualification for teachers aide's and integration aides. It may also provide the next level qualification for those holding CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support.
The qualification is useful in a range of settings within public and independent schools and community education settings.
Those holding this qualification provide assistance and support to teachers, however they may also be given a level of responsibility and independence and may also take on supervisory or leadership duties.
DURATION OF QUALIFICATION:
You will gain the knowledge and skill required for this qualification through:
- Workplace experience in a regulated education and care workplace (minimum 10 hours per week).
- Self-directed learning using resources we provide (10 hours per week).
- Attending a minimum of 36 hours of online professional development workshops (provided by One World for Children).
- Working with your own experienced Trainer Assessor.
WORK EXPERIENCE - 10 hours per week minimum:
Work experience is gained through employment in your own workplace or through a placement. It is expected that you participate in this work experience for a minumum of 10 hours per week throughout the entire period of your study. This must include a minimum of 100 hours within an education provider service.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A computer, laptop, ipad or tablet
- A reliable internet connection
- Interest in working with children of school age
- An ability to complete a range of reading, writing and math tasks. Click here to see if you have the skills
- Prepared to participate in an educationprovider workplace for 10 hours per week throughout the period of study.
- Prepared to commit 10 hours per week to self-directed learning (reading, completing written assessments).
- Able to attend 2 hours of online professional development per month.
- To gain and provide a Working With Children Check
WHAT ONE WORLD FOR CHILDREN PROVIDE:
- A password protected learning and assessment portal.
- All learning and assessment resources (no additional fee).
- Individual Trainer Assessor
- Visits in the workplace or placement venue.
- Access to our ECE Facilitated Learning Facebook page.
$400 ($200 for concession card holders) non-refundable administration fee for those eligible for funding under the Skills First program delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth government funding.
We assess you through written assessment, conversation and by watching how you perform in an education provider workplace.
UNITS IN THIS QUALIFICATION:
OCCUPATIONAL TITLES MAY INCLUDE: Education assistant, Education support worker, Language worker, Literacy worker, Support worker, Teacher aide / assistant, Home tutor, Homeland teaching assistant, Indigenous language and culture teaching assistant, Outside School Hours Care educator, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education worker.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS YOU WILL UNDERTAKE IN THIS QUALIFICATION AND JOB ROLE:
- following policies and procedures- working with children who have additional support needs
ENQUIRE OR COMMENCE ENROLMENT
Click here for enrolment commencement or call us on 1800 006 533.
Click here to enquire or call us on 1800 006 533.
For more information about our training, RPL or your fee options, please call us on 1800 006 533 or check our training information page.
If you currently work in or about to commence work in an education provider service, we are happy to provide training and assessment that makes the most of your situation.
If you are just starting out or wanting to further develop your career, we may find an appropriate 'placement service'.
Prior to commencement of training a friendly and experienced Trainer Assessor will discuss your needs and find out about your current knowledge and skill. This might highlight credits transfer or recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Throughout your study a Trainer Assessor will work with you individually, providing learning materials and frequently getting in touch with you to provide support, training and assessment.
If you are eligible for Victorian Skills First funding, we support accessibility by offering free tuition with a one off $400 administration fee ($200 for concession card holders).