CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
WHY COMPLETE A CERTIFICATE III IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE:
The CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is the first level of qualification in the children's services industry and is focussed on early childhood (children aged from birth to 6 years). It gives some units of credit towards the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
As the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) regulations require that all those working within children's services must hold or be actively working towards the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care, this qualification will appeal to new entrants to the industry and those contemplating a children's services career.
DURATION OF QUALIFICATION:
You will gain the knowledge and skill required for this qualification through:
- Workplace experience in a regulated education and care workplace (minimum 10 hours per week).
- Self-directed learning using resources we provide (10 hours per week).
- Attending a minimum of 36 hours of online professional development workshops (provided by One World for Children).
- Working with your own experienced Trainer Assessor.
WORK EXPERIENCE - 10 hours per week minimum:
Work experience is gained through employment in your own workplace or we find a placement. It is expected that you participate in this work experience for a minumum of 10 hours per week throughout the entire period of your study. This must include a minimum of 120 hours within a regulated education and care service.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A computer, laptop, ipad or tablet
- A reliable internet connection
- Interest in working with children aged from birth to six years
- An ability to complete a range of reading, writing and math tasks. Click here to see if you have the skills
- Prepared to participate in an early childhood education and care workplace for 10 hours per week throughout the period of study.
- Prepared to commit 10 hours per week to self-directed learning (reading, completing written assessments).
- Able to attend 2 hours of online professional development per month.
- To gain and provide a Working With Children Check
WHAT ONE WORLD FOR CHILDREN PROVIDE:
- A password protected learning and assessment portal.
- All learning and assessment resources (no additional fee).
- Individual Trainer Assessor
- Visits in the workplace or placement venue.
- Access to our ECE Facilitated Learning Facebook page.
$500 ($250 for concession card holders) non-refundable administration fee for those eligible for funding under the Skills First program delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth government funding. No hidden fees, no tuition fee.
We assess you through written assessment, conversation and by watching how you perform in an education and care workplace.
UNITS IN THIS QUALIFICATION:
OCCUPATIONAL TITLES MAY INCLUDE: Early Childhood Educator, Playgroup Supervisor, Family Day Care Worker / Educator, Childhood Educator, Childhood Educator Assistant, Outside School Hours Care Assistant *, Recreation Assistant*, Nanny, Mobile Assistant. * Some jurisdictions may require CHC40113 Certificate IV School Age Education and Care.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS YOU WILL UNDERTAKE IN THIS QUALIFICATION AND JOB ROLE:
- following policies and procedures- recording using written documents
Click here to enquire or call us on 1800 006 533.
For more information about our training, RPL or your fee options, please call us on 1800 006 533 or check our training information page.
If you currently work in or are about to commence work in a registered education and care service, we are happy to provide training and assessment that makes the most of your situation.
If you are just starting out or wanting to further develop your career, we are happy to help you find an appropriate 'placement service'.
Prior to commencement of training a friendly and experienced Trainer Assessor will discuss your needs and find out about your current knowledge and skill. This might highlight credit transfer or recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Throughout your study a Trainer Assessor will work with you individually, providing learning materials and frequently getting in touch with you to provide support, training and assessment.
If you are eligible for Victorian Skills First funding, we support accessibility by offering free tuition with a one off $500 administration fee ($250 for concession card holders).