Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g chicken mince
- 60g (1/3 cup) drained canned corn kernels
- 1/2 small red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 25g (1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 45g (1/2 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Crusty bread, to serve
Place the chicken mince, corn, capsicum, green shallots, egg, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly into 12 portions and shape each into a rissole.
Place the dried breadcrumbs on a small plate. Press the breadcrumbs into the rissoles to coat well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the rissoles for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.