Person Responsible To:
Diploma of Children’s Services (ECEC) or equivalent
Apply First Aid
Emergency Asthma Management
First aid management of anaphylaxis
To provide a secure, nurturing caring environment for children within the centre.
To provide quality care and programs to all children.
To provide active, adequate and efficient care.
To maintain the communication and interactions of your work team.
To be an active advocate for the Children’s Services industry.
- Work in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Law Act 2010.
- Participate in the implementation of the National Quality Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework Work .
- Read, understand and implement the principles of the Centres Philosophy
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- To further develop skills by undertaking a traineeship in Children’s Services, and completing all on and off the job requirements. (if you decide to take up this option)
- Liaise with the Program Coordinator to ensure high quality individual indoor/outdoors programs are developed and implemented.
- To maintain comprehensive individual portfolios of the children in your care.
- To plan and implement an appropriate program that reflects the children’s needs and following the centres policies.
- Maintain and update children’s records and ensure office staff are informed of any changes.
- Develop and implement daily routines.
- Ensure the health and safety of each child.
- Give each child individual attention and comfort as required.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the centre in maintained.
- Accept guidance and direction from the Director, Managers and/or Managing Directors.
- Direct child care workers, students and volunteers.
- Co-ordinate and manage your work team.
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- To know, understand and implement mandatory reporting requirements.
- To work and support children with additional needs.
- Liaise with the Director in relation to your rooms operations and staffing requirements.
- Inform office staff of absent children.
- To actively participate in meetings with management or other professionals as arranged.
- To actively participate in in-service training and professional development.
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Friendly and supportive approach to customers.
- Ability to respond to client queries with efficiency, care, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to implement directions from staff members.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Appreciation of needs of individuals, families and their values and beliefs.