Person Responsible To:
- HLTFS207B Follow Basic Food Safety Practices (or equivalent)
- HLTFS309B Oversee the day to day implementation of Food Safety in the Workplace (or equivalent)
- HLTFS301B Apply and Monitor Food Safety Requirements (or equivalent)
- SITXOHS002A Follow workplace hygiene procedures (or equivalent, preferred not necessary)
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- To ensure all food is prepared and presented in a timely manner
- To maintain a clean work area
- To ensure hygiene and health and safety standards are followed
- To follow One World for Children’s Food Safety Program.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- Work in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Law Act 2010.
- Participate in the implementation of the National Quality Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Follow the guidelines of the Get up and Grow Guidelines
- Assist in the preparation of meals and ensure time frames are met
- Cook and present meals.
- Assist and maintain cleaning of equipment, crockery and general utensils.
- Assist and maintain cleaning of larger kitchen equipment such as stove, fridge, freezer, pantry etc.
- To order stock weekly
- To put away stock
- To undertake stock control
- Plan an appropriate menu (for children birth to 6 years), adult evening meals (if delegated to)
- Follow all hygiene and health and safety standards.
- Follow and implement One World for Children’s Food Safety Program. – complete all relevant documents and file records relating to the Food Safety Program
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and responsive.
- Self motivated.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to respond positively to change.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to take direction from Management or representative.
- Knowledge of health, safety and hygiene requirements.