Person Responsible To:
Educator – qualified
Apply First Aid
Emergency Asthma Management
First aid management of anaphylaxis
To provide a secure, nurturing and caring environment for children within the centre.
To assist Team Leaders in the provision of quality care within the centre.
To provide active, adequate and efficient care to the children within your care.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Law Act 2010.
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- Participate in the implementation of the National Quality Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Read, understand and implement the principles of the Centres Philosophy
- Implement daily routines.
- Ensure the health and safety of each child.
- Give each child individual attention and comfort as required.
- Participate in the general daily cleaning of the centre.
- Accept guidance and direction from Team Leaders and the Management Team.
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional attitude at all times and
Under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Assist in the delivery of a children’s services program.
- Implement an early childhood program under supervision.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of programs suited to the needs of individual children and groups.
- To report observations of individual children or groups to the Team Leader for the purpose of program planning.
- Undertake work with individual children with particular individual needs under the Team Leaders direction.
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Friendly and supportive approach to customers.
- Ability to respond to client queries with efficiency, care, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to implement directions from staff members.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Appreciation of needs of individuals, families and their values and beliefs.