Person Responsible To:
Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent
To ensure secure, nurturing caring environment are provided for children within the centre.
To ensure quality care and programs are developed and implemented throughout the centre.
To ensure all Team Leaders are documenting in individual children’s portfolios
To liase with Team Leaders re children with additional needs including challenging behaviors
To be an active advocate for the Children’s Services industry.
- Work in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Law Act 2010.
- Participate in the implementation of the National Quality Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Read, understand and implement the principles of the Centres Philosophy
- Understand and follow centre policies.
- To be actively observing, role modelling and in house training staff on high quality interactions, room arrangement and routines.
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure high quality individual indoor/outdoors programs are developed and implemented.
- To ensure all programs reflects the children’s needs and following the centres policies
- To ensure comprehensive individual portfolios of the children are maintained by all Team Leaders
- Ensure routines are developed, recorded and implemented appropriately.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the centre in maintained.
- Accept guidance and direction from the Director, Managers and/or Managing Directors.
- Ensure that all child care workers are interacting with children, parents and colleuges appropriately at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- To actively participate in meetings with management or other professionals as arranged.
- To actively participate in in-service training and professional development.
Skills/Experience/Personal Qualities Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Friendly and supportive approach to staff.
- Ability to respond to staff queries with efficiency, care, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to implement directions from management.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Appreciation of needs of individuals, families and their values and beliefs.